Monday, August 6, 2012

14" dolls

In December last year, I bought Moxie Teenz Bijou, online.  When I saw her in person, I found that her pink dress and shoes were not flattering.  They make her legs look too skinny.  She has lovely eyes and nice highlights in her hair, though.


I didn't bother to get any of the other Moxie Teenz dolls, because I felt that all of their faces looked too similar.

Earlier this year, some of the Moxie Teenz accessory packs were selling at reduced prices online, so I purchased a few.  I felt that they could also be used by my larger Tonner dolls.

LittleMissMatched Girls' tops fit Bijou nicely, so she borrowed a top and jacket.  The pair of tights she's wearing is old and stretched-up and previously belonged to a 1/6 scale doll.

I kept thinking that Bijou needed company and was considering buying the Jackie Evancho singing doll.  She is also 14" and fortunately was reduced from her original price.  I love her face (even though she's looking upward).   For a long time, I couldn't find an actual photo of her, until I found a Russian site, with IRL photos.  

Moxie Teenz Gavin had also been reduced and for several months I couldn't decide if I wanted them both; until a few weeks ago, when their prices dropped even further.  I ordered them on a Monday, Gavin was shipped the next day, arrived in Miami on Wednesday and arrived in Trinidad on the same day.  He cleared customs on Thursday and I collected him on Friday.  Jackie arrived in Miami on the same Friday and I got her on Tuesday of the following week.  That was really fast!

  Aren't they a cute couple?

Here's Jackie.  She came with a furry purse and a microphone.

Clothes swapping time!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing the link to this post with me. I enjoyed seeing Bijou "out of the box."

    Her dress and shoes are not very flattering, which is one reason I decided against purchasing her, even at $10.

    dbg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, they gave her the worst outfit! Thanks for dropping by.

      Delete